Wednesday 14 March 2012

FMP Proposal and timetable ...


For my Final Major Project I will be working towards producing a  magazine
showcasing the newest sustainable technology and fashion.This relates to my work as I am interested in pursuing a career in the fashion visual merchandising industry. I will be learning about marketing techniques and processes in the magazine production. Producing my FMP will  improve my skills in layout design, graphics and visual communication. 
My influences will come from looking at sustainable websites, magazines, reports, companies and fashion designers,  collating the information into a sustainable design magazine. I will be working toward producing a high quality contemporary magazine so will also be looking at a range of magazines like I.D, Dazed and confused,Pop and love magazine for layout design influences.For the contextual influence in my FMP I will look into the history of producing clothing for the fashion industry and comparing those processes to the sustainable ways we use now. I will also look into the first sustainable fashion designers, brands and companies to make sure I have a full range of new and old sustainable knowledge in my magazine. I will be gathering samples of sustainable fabric and producing a fabric diary within my magazine, explaining clearly where and how these fabrics have been made. I will display  the production process behind materials used every day in the clothing we buy off the high street and rank them in most sustainable. To help me gather information I will be visiting sustainable shops looking into natural dies, materials and reading through many sustainable magazines,reports and online resources.
I will start  manipulating images on photoshop by scanning in research, photographs and materials i have gathered to investigate a range of design layouts and styles. I am also going to explore colour ,themes,font and graphics techniques to help me produce the highest quality magazine achievable.  I will then produce several design sheets as initial ideas, which i will ask peers and tutors advice on for improvements, before I start finalising designs and layouts for the pages in my magazine. In the design sheets I am going to experiment with different layout techniques for example cut and paste, photo montage and photoshop ideas so i have explored a range of processes to finally decided on my preferred look,style and way of producing my magazine. I will need to research into a magazine printing company to see if they can produce a one of magazine for me so I can achieve the professional look I desire. The paper I use to make my magazine is important to me as I want to use sustainable paper to correspond with my magazine, this will need to be researched before I print and finalise my magazine.  
To achieve my objectives  I need to keep accurate notes when analysing and reviewing my work. I will do this by keeping a weekly diary documenting my progress and evaluating each step. i will also be asking my peers and tutors to assess my work to help me progress through my project. I can then use all this information to make informed decisions on what I need to do to improve and achieve my desired grade. Writing a evaluation will be my last stage in self analysis where I will discuss and review every aspect of my project throughly,fincluding my thoughts and options on my final out come. 






No comments:

Post a Comment