Thursday 22 March 2012

Question replies from Sean...




Hi Sophie,

  • What is your design history?

  • I studied graphic design at Curtin University of Technology in Perth, Western Australia. I've been working as a freelance artist, illustrator and writer since I graduated in 2010. Some of my clients include; Scitech, Ripleys Believe it or Not and Fremantle Press who published my first picture book, All Monkeys Love Bananas

  • What inspires you to use reused CD's in your creature sculptures?

  • Because they're shiny, plentiful and unrecyclable. I thought it would be cool to do something with them!

  • Do you consider sustainable when you design?

  • I do think of sustainable design, but it isn't my primary focus when I make art.

  • What is your inspiration behind creature sculpture?

  • The creatures themselves I think! I'm a huge fan of animals and the character they have, I love trying to capture that in my sculptures.

    • Describe your work in three words?


    Surprising
     energetic 
    fun!

    High rez photos attached, I hope it all goes well!
    Best regards,
    Sean






    All these images show his work which uses used CD's.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment